Contact Form 7 3.0 stable release is now available. The greatest change is that it becomes to treat a contact form as Custom Post Type. Why is this great? Because you can customize it more flexibly. Also, the contact form data becomes more portable. Now you can export/import contact forms with WordPress Importer.
As Contact Form 7 3.0 also has many other great enhancements and fixes, I highly recommend you to upgrade soon.
Note: Contact Form 7 3.0 requires WordPress 3.2 or higher. If you use WordPress 3.1, 3.0 or 2.9, you should use Contact Form 7 2.4.6.
- Contact Form 7 3.0 utilizes Custom Post Types feature to save contact forms. It does not create its own table (contact_form_7) anymore.
- New shortcode format has been introduced. New format is like this:
[contact-form-7 id="1234" title="Contact form 1"]. Note that new one starts with
- Contact Form 7 3.0 works with WordPress version 3.2 or higher. This also means that you need PHP version 5.2.4 or higher and MySQL version 5.0 or higher (these are minimum requirements for WordPress 3.2).
- Translations for Japanese, German, Georgian, Italian and Spanish have been updated.
- Admin panel has been enhanced. Now it uses meta boxes.
- Bundled jquery.form.js has been updated to 2.84.