Contact Form 7 allows you to edit mail templates very flexibly. You are able to edit not only the message body, but also message header fields. And you can manage HTML mail as well. In this article, I’ll show you the settings for each field and explain how to set up your mail with these settings.
- [A] Basic header fields (To, From and Subject):
- These are basic and necessary message header fields; and you can embed mail tags anywhere in these fields.
- [B] Message body:
- This is the message body; you can embed mail tags anywhere in this field.
- [C] Additional headers:
- You can insert additional message header fields here, such as Cc and Bcc. There should be one field per line. You can embed mail tags anywhere in these fields.
- [D] File attachments:
- If you attach uploaded files to this mail, put mail tags for the uploaded files into this field. You can also attach files from the server (local file attachment).
- [E] Use of HTML:
- By default, plain text is used for the message body. To use HTML, check this box.
- [F] Mail (2):
- Mail (2) is yet another mail section, except that this is an optional section. Mail (2) works in completely the same manner as Mail. To activate Mail (2), check the Use mail (2) box.
If You Have Email Problems
NOTE: Sending Emails from Contact Form 7 works flawlessly, without any effort, for most people — but not for everyone.
Though the plugin successfully sends millions of emails every day, there are a host of issues that can delay or stop emails on both the sending and receiving ends of a typical email.
The important point to note is that the sending and receiving of emails depends heavily on both the server where your WordPress installation is hosted and the email configuration of the local computer where the emails are supposed to be received.
If you are having email problems, you will need to investigate this issue in detail for your particular local configurations.
Buzztone has written a comprehensive and detailed explanation about Contact Form 7 Email Issues to help people, who are having trouble sending and receiving emails from Contact Form 7, solve their problems.
The article covers the following items that can commonly cause email sending problems with this plugin (and WordPress in general):
- Hosting Issues
- Ensure proper return address is used
- Your email may be treated as spam
- Plugin or Theme Conflicts
If you are unable to send emails from this plugin, it is likely that you are unable to send emails from WordPress in general.