Contact Form 7 4.8 is now available. Continuing from the previous update, the main focus is placed on internal refinements for future evolution.
Frontend JS Overhauled
Contact Form 7 4.8 and later versions no longer use the jQuery Form Plugin (jquery.form.js) for Ajax form submissions. Although most users may not notice, jquery.form.js has been supporting one of the most important functions of Contact Form 7 for almost 10 years. I want to express my respect and appreciation for the developers who have been maintaining jquery.form.js for all of this time.
Contact Form 7 4.8 introduces the FormData object used to compose submission data and adds a couple of custom REST API endpoints that Ajax submissions are directed to.
Requires: WordPress 4.7 or higher
Tested up to: WordPress 4.8
- Stopped using jquery.form.js.
- Added custom REST API endpoints for Ajax form submissions.
- WPCF7_FormTag class implements ArrayAccess interface.
- WPCF7_FormTagsManager::filter() filters form-tags based on features they support.
- New form-tag features: do-not-store, display-block, and display-hidden
- Removed inappropriate content from h1 headings.
- Added the support of size:invisible option to the reCAPTCHA form-tag.