You can edit messages used in various situations in the Messages tab panel. Some messages are notifications to the submitter of the status of the contact form, such as:
- Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
- One or more fields have an error. Please check and try again.
Other messages are notifications that there is a validation error in the input field:
- This field is required.
- This telephone number is invalid.
HTML tags or entities cannot be used in a message, so use plain text only. You’ll see a warning when you insert HTML into a message.
On the other hand, you can use Contact Form 7’s mail-tags in a message. This may be useful when you want to embed a user input into a message, like the following example:
- Thanks [your-name], your message has been sent!
[your-name] is a mail-tag that will be replaced with an actual user input through the your-name field.
- Contact form in your language explains how you can get the messages localized.